Pages

Friday, 30 December 2011

Update on weather, dogs etc.

So far this winter has not tried to emulate the previous one. Everything round here is thoroughly muddy but, thank goodness, no snow. I actually got to have Christmas dinner with a friend and then get to other friends in Boxing Day. Last year my neighbour brought me Christmas dinner as my van was under a snow drift and I couldn't set foot outside.
So now I'm grateful for small mercies. Silver is still whirling round the lawn and churning the surface but, thanks to the plastic mesh I put down at the beginning of summer, she can't actually produce trenches so I expect when spring comes it will regenerate and still be flattish. She is a lunatic.
Dyfi Dog is back to supervising my dishing out of sheep's breakfasts and is behaving quite well, but is attached to a bungy rope just in case he gets any bad ideas about chasing.

No comments: